Idioms

We have been working with idioms this week. Each student took an idiom of their choice, illustrated it, and told its actual meaning. To do this we used Drawings in our Google features. Here is a great example by Dennis.

15 Responses

1. Allegra November 28, 2012 at 7:05 pm | | Reply

Hi, idioms are actually really fun I learned about idioms in 5th grade too. I did lots of project and fun stuff. Keep up the good work.

2. John November 28, 2012 at 9:39 pm | | Reply

I like idioms very much, they are fun to work with we learned them in 7th grade!

3. Hannah November 28, 2012 at 9:39 pm | | Reply

It does go by fast. I did a project in that idiom last year in 7th grade , hope you got a good grade on it

4. Yuna November 28, 2012 at 9:40 pm | | Reply

I also did Idioms in fifth grade and we did about the same thing that you guys are doing now. It was interesting and was definitely a good experience.

5. Mariam November 28, 2012 at 9:44 pm | | Reply

I remember doing that too. I always loved learning about literary devices because it involves so many fun projects!

6. Powell November 28, 2012 at 9:46 pm | | Reply

Hey there! I still remember the time I worked with idioms, and that was one of the best times in my 6th grade language arts class that I had. Your project seems like a fun idea to help kids learn quickly about idioms. Keep up the great work!

7. Ms. N. November 29, 2012 at 5:51 pm | | Reply

Thank you, we look forward to learning more about idioms in the coming years. The project that we did was really exciting and we are glad that you enjoyed it.

8. Jenna December 3, 2012 at 6:01 pm | | Reply

Hi ! I remember doing idioms in fifth grade ! They we a lot of fun and I hope you are having fun doing the idioms !(:

9. Caroline December 3, 2012 at 7:01 pm | | Reply

I loved learning about idioms. It was a fun experience especially the project I did last year in 7th grade. Hope you like and enjoy using idioms!

10. Darren December 3, 2012 at 7:05 pm | | Reply

Idioms were so fun when I learned about it in 6th grade. It was fun and interesting to do 😀

11. Miguel December 3, 2012 at 9:26 pm | | Reply

Wow! Idioms, I remember learning about these literary terms in fifth grade too!:)

12. Branden from California December 3, 2012 at 9:27 pm | | Reply

I had that project in 6th grade and was very happy that we did that project. You are very lucky to do this at a earlier time then I did.

13. Miguel December 3, 2012 at 9:28 pm | | Reply

Wow, I remember learning literary elements and terms in fifth grad too!

14. Imani December 11, 2012 at 5:58 pm | | Reply

I love reading idioms, they are funny, and silly. I remember we had to do a project on idioms in 6th grade.

15. Inez January 22, 2013 at 5:19 pm | | Reply

Hi! I’m Inez from Ms. Chen’s class. We haven’t done idioms this year but I remember learning about them and illustrating them in my third grade class. They’re really fun!